2013 National Awards categories
Know someone who's made an outstanding volunteering contribution?
Check out the full category details and nomination criteria below.
NOMINATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Best young volunteer
Do you know someone who is 11-17 and has demonstrated a real enthusiasm to volunteering? Have they shown real dedication to a volunteering project or task and achieved a positive outcome for a community? Have shown a real empathy for a community need and built positive relationships while volunteering?
- Is aged between 11 and 18 before 30 September 2012
- Used their enthusiasm and dedication to achieve positive things in a community
- Stands out over other volunteers in their age group
All-round commitment to volunteering
Do you know someone who is enthusiastic, full of ideas, makes things happen and makes anything seem possible? Have they made a positive contribution to everything they have been involved in? Are they 100% committed to volunteering and ready to chew your ear off about how great it is?
- Has made a positive contribution to volunteering through their on-going dedication
- Through their outstanding commitment and passion has changed a community for the better
- Stands out over other volunteers
Efforts to bring communities together
Do you know someone who has transformed a community? Have they brought people from different backgrounds together? Have they come up with an exciting idea, project or event that has improved relationships in a community?
- Has come up with exciting ideas to communicate with and bring different groups of people together
- Has used their powers of persuasion to improve relationships and understanding between different groups of people
- Stands out over other volunteers who unite communities
Do you know a dynamic and inspiring team or group of volunteers? Working together, do they share ideas and skills, learn from and support each other? What amazing things have they achieved collectively, that could not have been done alone?
- Have worked together and supported each other, using a range of different skills and abilities to create positive change
- Have effectively come together as a team to make a real and lasting impact that they could not have realised on their own
- Stand out over other teams
Outstanding contribution to youth volunteering by a youth worker
Do you know a great youth worker? Someone who ignites a passion for volunteering? Providing energy and enthusiasm, they offer support without being in your face. They are the undercover talent spotters in your community – who go the extra mile to help young people have the best experience, doing the most amazing volunteering!
- By demonstrating outstanding support for and commitment to young people, they have helped to turn young people’s volunteering ideas or projects into action
- Supported young volunteers to develop skills and help them progress
- Stands out over other youth support workers
Most outstanding NCS Team
Do you know an NCS Team that really embraced the opportunities the scheme presented? Working together to create and deliver a social action project that significantly benefited a local community? Did the participants share ideas and skills, learn from and support each other to make their team a success?
- Have demonstrated that they embraced and rose to the NCS challenge
- Have worked together and supported each other deliver a positive and successful social action project
- Stand out over other NCS Teams