When we need you:
01 Sep 2010
What is a Badminton Youth Forum?
The Youth Forum will consist of 10-15 young people (potentially 2/3 candidates per county) who will meet 2 - 3 times per year to help us determine, shape and implement initiatives for young people. Meetings will take place at a central location within the South East Region, with travel expenses paid for.
The forum will have a specific focus on the retention of 16- 19 year olds participating in badminton. The members of the forum itself will decide the best way to achieve this, giving the group ownership of their own project(s), whether this be coordinating consultation or running a large scale event.
Who are we looking for?
BADMINTON England are looking for dynamic, talented, creative, alternatively minded volunteers to be involved in the initial stages of setting up the South East Regional Youth Forum. Exceptional communication skills - written or verbal communication (or both) are essential, your thoughts, ideas and ability to inspire is going to be vital in order for this Forum to succeed. However, no experience in badminton is necessary to be able to contribute to the Forum.
This opportunity offers a brilliant insight into potential careers in community cohesion, digital/offline media, sports, teaching or training and events.
The Forum will allow individuals too:
• Receive Great CPD and training opportunities
• Opportunity to learn about and directly influence the workings of a National Governing Body for Sport in the lead-up to a home Olympics
• Have a say in the development of badminton for young people
• Represent your peers’ views at regional and national level
• Support new initiatives and events in the region
• Develop your leadership and team skills
• Learn the ins and outs of Event Management
• FREE Badminton England Kit
• And much more….
There are no volunteers on this opportunity yet, why not be the first to join?
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.