Befriending the elderly Befrienders for older people in a care
Building personal relationships with care home residents
When we need you:
This brand new opportunity involves supporting older people in a care home, getting to know them on a one-to-one basis. Befriending involves personalised activities, and could involve
· Reading newspapers/crosswords
· Supporting specific interest and hobbies of customers
· Help with correspondence or to write memoirs
· Buying presents for older person’s family
· Short walks with individuals.
· Accompanying customers on trips to shop etc.
· Supporting people with communication difficulties.
· Manicures and beauty treatments
· Activities tailored to residents with dementia
Being a befriender will allow you to develop your interpersonal skills, and lets you make a real positive difference to the day-to-day life of an older person in Leeds.
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.