When we need you:
Led by your team manager, you will work as part of a team of talented volunteers to create a multi-venue music event in your local area. This could include dozens of bands playing in up to 6 venues, accessed by the purchase of one wristband, over one weekend in October. Your event will be part of 30+ citywide Oxjam Takeover events that will help make Oxjam 2011 the best yet.
What you'll be doing:-
- Led by your team’s manager and working within a core team of volunteers you will help to deliver the exciting Takeover event in your region. This event will take place across multiple venues on a single day, and will coordinate with events across the country on the same weekend in October.
- Design a marketing strategy for your team’s Takeover event.
- Ensure that promotional activity is effective and managed to deadlines.
- Recruit and lead a team of volunteer promoters, who’ll help promote your team’s event through a number of different channels and methods (e.g. flyering, Facebook etc).
- Design and organise innovative marketing and promotional strategies and stunts to promote your flagship event wherever possible.
- Take responsibility for writing and selling-in press releases.
- Manage online social networking groups to market your event.
Work with Fundraising Co-ordinator to ensure that the team’s fundraising activities are well promoted.
There are no volunteers on this opportunity yet, why not be the first to join?
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.