When we need you:
- Mar 2013
- Weekdays, Weekends, Evenings, and Flexible
This opportunity includes promoting and inviting to specific activities and events; delivering flyers and other materials; inviting to give opinions and feedback about work or proposed work; deliver newsletters and give updates on the project in their area, etc.
- Thorough briefing/training on project background, aims and objectives, what we are offering and why, benefits to residents of getting involved with us, and on any specific activity/event/opportunity being promoted.
- Additionally, there could be training around community engagement techniques and skills, confidence building, working in groups, etc. as and when identified as useful or appropriate
- Must be confident and comfortable about approaching people in their homes and asking them to talk to you.
- Good personal presentation – non-threatening, open, friendly, engaging, empathetic e.g. able to respond appropriately to different reactions of people who open the door.
- Confident but not pushy – we don’t want to come across as “sales people” – but in a way we are ‘selling’ the project
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.