When we need you:
28 - 28 Jun 2012
Introductory session 2-4pm to tell you everything you need to know, 4-6pm informal Q&A
London, WC2N 4AZ
Wikipedia needs your help. Many Wikipedia articles lack images, even though great images are available. We have a backlog of photographs to categorise and where appropriate use to illustrate Wikipedia articles. But if you have the time to help Wikipedia with our image backlog, we are running a session to show people how to do this. This is a very simple let useful way of helping us.
To register please visit
or for more information
What will you learn?
- What Wikipedia's image library, Wikimedia Commons is.
- How to organise images on Commons
- How to create and alter categories
- How to add images to Wikipedia
- How to add captions to images
- When we have lots of relevant imagse in Commons how to show this in Wikipedia
- How to add image descriptions for blind people and those using text readers
- Projects that would benefit: Commons, Wikipedia, Wiki loves Monuments (one of our big problems with WLM in the UK is that we have so many images from the Geograph that have yet to be processed, so we don't really know what monuments we still lack images for.
There are no volunteers on this opportunity yet, why not be the first to join?
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.