Administrative Support Develop office skills - Reading DOKH, RG30 2DX
Help us provide a friendly and efficient administrative service.
When we need you:
- Jun 2012
Sue Ryder - DOKH, 22 Leibenrood Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 2DX
Sue Ryder is looking for enthusiastic and organised volunteers to support administrative tasks.
Task will vary according to need but may include:
- responding to incoming enquiries
- making refreshments
- maintaining diaries
- responding to correspondence
- data entry
- word processing
- routine filing.
Ideally you will:
- work well on your own as well as part of a team
- have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- have good communication and listening skills, with people at all levels
- maintain confidentiality of material associated with the role
- demonstrate a positive, organised and flexible approach to work and adapt to changing priorities
- attend all training and communication sessions as required
- maintain awareness and compliance with Sue Ryder policies and procedures, including health and safety regulations
- represent Sue Ryder in a positive way
- communicate and promote the work of the charity to friends, relatives and the community.
Ideally you will be able to commit a day or more during office hours.
Training will be provided, and time commitment is flexible. We can reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts of over 4 hours, and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your office experience in the charity sector, make new friends, and help Sue Ryder provide compassionate support to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.
There are no volunteers on this opportunity yet, why not be the first to join?
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.