When we need you:
1-3 days per week, Monday-Thursday, 10am-4pm
2c Bakers Avenue, Walthamstow, London, E17 9AW
Purpose of the role
We are offering a new volunteer position for people interested in assisting members of staff to supervise and support FRP volunteers with disabilities including mental ill health. This position focuses on supporting new volunteers and those with additional needs so they can fully benefit from their volunteering at FRP.
This role will include explaining different recycling tasks, providing support and working with people while the tasks are being carried out, introductions to other volunteers, and accompanying volunteers to FRP social events.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Some appreciation of needs of people with disabilities, including those with mental health issues, some experience of supporting people with disabilities
- Previous paid employment in this area is not necessary.
We expect someone in this role to enjoy being part of a team and bring enthusiasm, reliability and punctuality.
Volunteer Support Provision
· Volunteers never work on their own
· Induction and training (when appropriate for their role) provided
· If volunteering at least 4 hours a day, limited volunteer expenses reimbursed (Lunch expenses up to £3.00 a day. Travel expenses to and from FRP, using public transport only, up to £5.00 a day)
Other benefits you may expect from volunteering with FRP
· Record of the work done
· CRB check
· Being part of supportive and enthusiastic group
· Regular social events
· Opportunity to really make a difference in your local community!
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.