When we need you:
- Nov 2012
Forest Recycling Project/Hornbeam Centre, 2c Bakers Avenue, & 458 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, London, E17 9AW
The Intern will be Involved With:
- Encouraging volunteer activities locally
The type of tasks that will be required are;
- Encouraging and supporting local organisations to offer rewarding, environmental volunteering opportunities.
- Dealing with enquires from new volunteers.
- Coordinating with referral agencies, i.e local volunteer centres, health services.
- Promoting the volunteering programme.
A desire to enable people to get involved, a commitment to small scale community based initiatives, motivation, enthusiasm, interest in environmental issues, flexibility, reliability, punctuality, good written & verbal communication skills, ability to carry out instructions and work as a member of a team; basic IT skills and knowledge (email, MS excel, word).
Minimum commitment: 15 hours per week, We can be flexible on the split of these hours between Monday – Friday.
Minimum duration 2 months.
Location of Task:
2c Bakers Avenue, E17 9AW and 458 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, London E17 9AH.
Working from home could be accommodated.
As an intern you will receive;
· Induction including training & on the job support for all activities
· Regular structured reviews of the work you are doing to help you achieve agreed objectives for yourself and the job role.
· Volunteers work as a part of small team (paid and volunteer)
· Limited volunteer expenses reimbursed (lunch up to our current limit of £3 a day and travel expenses up to £5)
Other benefits you may expect from volunteering with Hornbeam
· Record of the work done / References
· Gaining valuable (transferable) skills
· Regular social events
· Opportunity to make a difference in your local community!Volunteer Coordination Assistant Tasks
There are no volunteers on this opportunity yet, why not be the first to join?
Share your experiences, upload some photos at anytime during or after your volunteering activity.