To be one of our Providers, you must confirm that you have a valid Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable People Policy. This policy must:
• Meet the standards of NSPCC
• Be ratified by your Board of Trustees
• Be reviewed annually
Please note that VInspired regularly carries out random checks on Providers to make sure their safeguarding policy meets our standards.
Terms and Conditions for Organisations
Welcome to vInspired.com, a digital platform that connects young people with local volunteering opportunities they care about.
By using this website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you cannot use the website or post Roles for volunteers.
Understanding these Terms & Conditions
We use a few different terms and phrases in this document – you can find out what they mean in this glossary.
API – any application programming interface provided by vInspired to the Provider from time to time
Intellectual Property – all patents, trademarks, copyright and design rights (whether registered or not) and similar rights existing to the foregoing
Marks – the name and trademarks of vInspired, including logos
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person by reference to an identifier
Provider, you, your – refers to any individual or organisations entering into these Terms & Conditions
Service – the vInspired volunteering service facilitated through the website, where volunteers between the ages of 14-30 (inclusive) can apply for and participate in the volunteering Roles
Roles – the volunteering opportunities/activities offered by the Provider under this agreement to the volunteers as part of the Service
Staff – any employees, contractors or volunteers of the Provider, including (but not limited to) assistants, helpers, parents, trustees or members of a governing body/committee, administrative staff and/or support staff.
Term – period from when this agreement is signed by both parties until it is terminated in accordance with its terms
Validators – validators of any award programmes facilitated by vInspired which the volunteers may be eligible to apply for using the Service
Volunteers – any volunteers using the Service
vInspired, we, us, our – refers to vInspired, company limited by guarantee (company number 05639682) and a registered charity (number 1113255) whose registered office is at 9 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SP
Website – website reference to www.vInspired.com
Web space – an area on the website on which vInspired allows the Provider to post content and material
1. Service Level Agreement
1. vInspired, a company limited by guarantee (company number 05639682) and a registered charity (number 1113255) whose registered office is at 9 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SP; and
2. Obligations of vInspired When you enter into these Terms and Conditions, we agree to:
2.1 Provide you with a web space that lets you and Volunteers use our service. vInspired will determine the size and nature of this web space.
2.2 Give you access to vInspired’s PR and marketing resources as we see fit.
2.3 Give you guidance, training, tools and support to help you use the service.
2.4 Give you any information on updates to the services we offer under this agreement in a timely manner.
2.5 Remove, review or comment on any material or content on the website if you raise any concerns with us.
3. Obligations of the Provider
By entering into these Terms and Conditions, you agree to:
3.1 Following all of vInspired’s guidelines and instructions (including those listed at Schedule 1) including your:
a) Use of the website and web space; and
b) Provision of Roles
3.2 Make sure that the Roles are provided and managed with reasonable care and skill.
3.3 Make sure that any Role on offer is accurate with information you give to us and volunteers.
3.4 Notwithstanding clause 3.3, make sure that if a Role that has been offered to volunteers becomes unavailable, you immediately remove the Role from the website. Please also let any volunteers who have signed up for the Role know that it is no longer available straightaway.
3.5 Not do anything that would bring vInspired into disrepute.
3.6 Comply promptly with all reasonable requests from vInspired to provide data, information, documents and materials relating to this agreement, the Roles and/or the volunteers. This is subject to Data Protection and GDPR legislation.
3.7 Not use the website for any purpose other than promoting and marketing the Roles.
3.8 Let us know immediately in writing if any legal actions, claims or proceedings are made or threatened against us relating to this agreement, the service or the Roles during or after the term.
4.1 By entering into this agreement, you confirm that the Provider has a valid Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable People Policy. You confirm that this policy meets the standards of NSPCC, has been ratified by your Board of Trustees and it is reviewed annually.
4.2 vInspired have the right to ask Providers for copies of their Safeguarding policies for review.
4.3 vInspired will carry out random checks on Providers to make sure their Safeguarding policy meets our standards.
4.3 We require all our Providers to confirm that their Safeguarding policy specifically meets these criteria. Without this separate agreement, vInspired can refuse any Provider the right to post Roles on their web space, and can remove their web space from the website.
The Provider will make sure that all staff involved in providing the Roles:
5.1 Comply with the terms of this agreement at all times; and
5.2 Are suitably and adequately trained and qualified to deliver the service and Roles.
6.1 You agree to only allow Volunteers between the ages of 14 and 30 (inclusive) to take part in Roles through the website.
6.2 It is your responsibility to determine whether volunteers need permission from a parent or guardian before they are allowed to take part in a Role.
6.3 The Provider warrants that it shall not allow any volunteer to participate in a Role if it has any reason to believe that the volunteer shouldn’t be allowed to participate.
7. Use of Website
7.1 You are solely responsible for any content or materials posted on the vInspired’s website. You are also responsible if this content or materials doesn’t comply with clauses 6.2 and 6.3.
7.2 The Provider agrees that any material or content posted on the website by its staff or third parties complies with the vInspired website Terms and Conditions. You agree to remove any material or content immediately if it doesn’t comply with or risks failing to comply with the website Terms and Conditions.
7.3 Except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, the Provider mustn’t change the website in any way or do anything that might damage or disrupt the good working order of the website or our equipment or software.
7.4 You must let us know immediately if you notice any inappropriate material or content on the website, even if the material or content has since been removed.
7.5 vInspired has the right to remove, edit, or ask you to edit, any of the material on the website. We also have the right to suspend or terminate your use of the website and our services at any
time, without prior notice.
8.1 vInspired doesn’t guarantee that the information on the website is accurate, verified or complete. vInspired accepts no liability if the Provider relies on or uses this information.
8.2 vInspired doesn’t guarantee that the website will be uninterrupted or free of errors, viruses or harmful material. It is your responsibility to check that your computer systems are suitable to use the website.
9. Use of Marks and Publicity
9.1 vInspired appoints the Provider as its non-exclusive licensee to use the Marks for the term.
9.2 By entering into these Terms and Conditions, you agree to:
9.2.1 Comply at all times with vInspired’s branding guidelines and any instructions vInspired may give you on how to use the Marks.
9.2.2 Use the Marks only for the purpose of carrying out the Roles.
9.2.3 Maintain the distinctiveness and reputation of the Marks and promptly stop using any of the Marks if vInspired requests.
9.2.4 Comply with any reasonable requests by vInspired in relation to marketing, PR or press releases about the Roles.
9.3 Nothing in this agreement gives the Provider any rights in respect of the Marks. The Provider also acknowledges that all rights in the Marks including any goodwill belongs to and will remain with vInspired.
9.4 The Provider may not bring, defend or settle any action in relation to the Marks. Where vInspired is involved in any claim or proceeding in relation to the Marks, the Provider shall give its full co-operation to vInspired.
10. Governance, Compliance and Safeguarding
10.1 The Provider agrees and warrants that it is solely responsible for making sure that the following are in place before providing any Roles:
10.1.1 A suitable Volunteer policy or policies, that is/are appropriate for the Volunteers’ ages;
10.1.2 A suitable risk assessment policy that is appropriate for the Volunteers’ ages and the Roles offered by the Provider;
10.1.3 If you offer Roles to Volunteers under the age of 18, appropriate Safeguarding Policies in line with clause 4.1;
10.1.4 A suitable vulnerable adults policy if the Provider is offering Roles to Volunteers who are vulnerable adults, or Roles where Volunteers may be working with vulnerable adults, as well as appropriate safeguarding policies and controls;
10.1.5 Suitable Data Protection Policies and measures, including GDPR;
10.1.6 Suitable Health and Safety Policies and measures in accordance with clause 9.3.
10.2 The Provider agrees to:
10.2.1 Comply with Clause 9.3 and all relevant laws, statutory instruments, regulations and related guidance produced by relevant government and statutory organisations when providing the Roles, including without limitation:
a) Equal Opportunities legislation;
b) Employment legislation;
c) The Disability Discrimination Act 1996;
d) The Race Relations Act 1976 (as amended); and
e) The Sex Discrimination Act 1975.
10.3 Without limiting clause 10.2, the Provider guarantees that it complies with:
10.3.1 The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, the Health and Safety Work Regulations 1999, and all relevant associated statutory instruments;
10.3.2 Good Health and Safety Management principles and guidance produced by the Health and Safety Executive;
10.3.3 All applicable Child Protection and Vulnerable Adults’ legislation, including (without limitation) the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006; and
10.3.4 The Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR and all relevant associated statutory instruments and guidance from the Information Commissioner Office in relation to the use and treatment of personal data.
11. DBS Disclosures
11.1 If you’re offering Roles to Volunteers under the age of 18 and/or Vulnerable Adults, you must get all necessary DBS disclosure checks to comply with clause 9.3.3 above.
11.2 On vInspired’s reasonable request, you must promptly provide a copy of the DBS disclosure certificates referred to in clause 10.1 before the term or at such date we ask. vInspired reserves the right to terminate this agreement immediately if the Provider fails to comply with clause 10, or if any DBS disclosure certificate is deemed unsatisfactory in vInspired’s sole discretion.
11.3 For the avoidance of doubt, the parties agree that vInspired is under no obligation to check or verify DBS disclosure certificates of offer an opinion/guidance on these. The parties acknowledge this is the sole responsibility of the Provider, in accordance with its obligations under clause 9.3.3
12. Duration and Termination
12.1 This agreement begins when vInspired validates your application to become a Provider and you are able to post Roles to the website. This agreement is valid from this moment, until it is terminated in accordance with this clause 11.
12.2 vInspired can terminate this agreement immediately (or when we think fit) if the Provider, its staff, agents or licensees do anything which may bring the reputation of vInspired into disrepute in any way and/or if the Provider is at risk of breaching any term of this agreement.
12.3 Either the Provider or vInspired can terminate this agreement by giving the other party two weeks written notice.
13. Consequences of Termination
13.1 On termination of this agreement the Provider will:
13.1.1 Stop providing Roles immediately or at a date decided by vInspired; and
13.1.2 Stop using materials bearing the Marks and issuing any marketing, PR or press releases related to the Roles or vInspired services immediately or at a date decided by vInspired.
13.2 The provisions of this agreement shall continue to apply following termination of this agreement (however terminated) so far as may be necessary to give effect to the rights and remedies of the parties under it.
14. Limitation of Liability
14.1 Subject to clause 13.2. both you and we acknowledge that the Provider is solely liable for any loss, cost or damage relating to the Roles it offers or its use of the website. The Provider also agrees that vInspired will not be liable for any loss, cost or damage suffered relating to or as a result of the Roles, this agreement, or the Provider’s use of the website.
14.2 Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by either party’s negligence (for which no limitation applies), vInspired will not be liable to the Provider for any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated savings or loss of use or value, or any direct,%p indirect, special or consequential loss, no matter how it arises.
15.1 The Provider indemnifies vInspired in respect of all costs, claims, loss or liability whatsoever suffered (including legal costs and disbursements), including as a result of any claim made or threatened against them, arising from:
15.1.1 Any breach of any rights of any person or organisation resulting from the Provider’s use of vInspired services, or
15.1.2 Any breach of this agreement by the Provider
The Provider should have and keep up insurance policies to provide sufficient cover for all risks that could be incurred by providing Roles and carrying out its obligations under this agreement of at least £5,000,000.
17. Intellectual Property and Volunteers’ Data
17.1 Subject to all applicable Data Protection legislation, you are granting vInspired an irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, royalty-free licence for us to use, copy or distribute any content you post on the website, as well as any PR or marketing material related to the Roles. You are also granting the same licence for any data provided by or about volunteers in for your organisation’s charitable purposes. You agree to share this data when vInspired reasonably requests it.
17.2 The Provider won’t market any of its activities or services that are not Roles to volunteers unless it has the necessary permission from the volunteer in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
18. Entire Agreement and Variation
This agreement is the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the Roles and services. No variation of this agreement shall be effective unless agreed in writing signed by or on behalf of the parties.
19. Agency, Partnership and Joint Venture
The parties are neither partners nor joint ventures and this agreement is not intended to nor shall it create any agency, partnership or joint venture. The Provider shall not present itself as being entitled to represent or bind vInspired in any way.
20. No Assignment of Sub-contracting
The Provider shall not assign, transfer, charge or deal in any other manner with this agreement or any of its fights under it, nor sub-contract any or all of its obligations under this agreement, without the prior written consent of vInspired.
21. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to English Laws.
22. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
This agreement does not and is not intended to confer any contractual benefit on any person pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Schedule 1: Guidelines for Provisions of Roles
1. The Provider shall only provide Roles using this service to 14-30 year olds (inclusive). However, there is no obligation for the Provider to provide Roles to Volunteers under the age of 18 if it chooses not to do so.
2. The Provider shall, subject to paragraph 5 of this Schedule and in line with vInspired’s reasonable instructions issued from time to time, provide incentives to Volunteers to share their experiences of the Roles.
3. The Provider shall respond promptly to any applications, queries or other correspondence from members of the public or Volunteers about the Roles and at the latest within 5 days of being contacted.
4. The Provider shall offer the Roles and deal with the Volunteers:
a. In a professional manner and to the best of its ability; and
b. In a fair and non-discriminatory manner, ensuring at all times that Volunteers are treated reasonable and equally.
5. The Provider shall respond promptly to any requests for information or queries from Validators about a Volunteer or the Roles, and at the latest within 5 days of being contacted.
6. The Provider shall not pay any Volunteer for his/her involvement in vInspired
7. The Provider shall not offer any Role that has a primary purpose of providing work experience to the Volunteer(s), or deemed an unpaid internship. If the Provider has any concerns or queries about whether it is complying with this paragraph, it shall contact vInspired before offering the Role. (provide contact email if this paragraph is valid)
Your Privacy is very important to us. Here we explain the steps we take to respect your privacy, and the privacy of anyone else who uses the vInspired website and services.
1. Our approach to privacy
1.1 We will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services we offer you.
1.2 We will never sell, share or disclose your personal contact details with any third party, except our partners where we need to this this to run our services. For example, if you sign up to a volunteering role we will need to put you in touch with the organisation running the role. If you apply for an opportunity, discount or reward service we will need to send your name and other relevant personal details to the appropriate organisation so you can use it.
1.3 This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller for the personal data for the people who visit our website; we determine how that personal data gets processed.
2. Who are we
2.1 vInspired is a company limited by guarantee (company number 05639682) and a registered charity (number 1113255) whose registered office is at 9 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SP.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. Privacy Notice
This section tells you how we use your personal data, including:
- Categories of personal data we collect;
- What purpose we process personal data for;
- Legal basis for processing personal data;
- Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use;
- Special categories of personal data.
4.1 Personal data we collect includes, but isn’t limited to:
- your date of birth;
- your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
- your email address;
- your postcode;
- your phone number;
- your location determined by your web browser – this will only be done with your explicit consent.
4.2 Sometimes we collect special categories of personal data to deliver our services. These may include:
- Religious beliefs
- Philosophical beliefs
- Sexual orientation
4.3 We may collect personal information about you when you:
- create or update a Profile;
- post content to the website;
- ask us about the website, our services, the Roles and/or about vInspired;
- ask about or apply for a vInspired award;
- ask about or apply for the Inspired Card;
- apply for a volunteering role or for a reward, discount or opportunity through the Inspired Card and/or vInspired services;
- request or share information through our Website;
- register for any of our mailing lists or events through the Website; and/or
- contact us through the Website, or any other channel.
4.4 The personal data we collect will be used only by us. We can collect your personal data even if you have chosen a private profile or opted out of communications from us. We’ll use this data to:
- process your requests;
- respond to your questions or comments;
- provide or administer activities relating to vInspired services or the services offered on the Website, including Volunteering Roles, awards, rewards, opportunities or discounts provided via the Inspired Card;
- display your Profile or Content on the website or any other website owned or operated by vInspired (except where you have chosen a private profile, in which case your Content won’t be on any vInspired website);
- process any applications or enquiries you submit for a vInspired award;
- process any applications or enquiries you submit for the Inspired Card and associated rewards, discounts and opportunities
- provide you with information relating to vInspired, the Website or our services, that we feel may be of interest to you;
- maintain our organisational records;
- carry out research, including evaluations done for us by another organisation or to prepare reports; and
- supply your information to third parties as described in clause 4.6.
4.5 If you don’t want to hear from us, get in touch by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you use the word ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
4.6 Any personal information that you share when you use the Website can shared with third parties, even if you have opted for a private Profile. This information includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Providers of support services to vInspired, but only if the sharing of your personal information is necessary for the purpose of delivering our services.
- Providers whose volunteering Roles you’ve expressed an interest in or have applied for. We’ll only share your information to complete your application to volunteer and for the volunteering itself.
- Validators of vInspired awards, if you have applied for or asked about a vInspired award. However, your personal information will only be used by award validators to process your application of, or awarding you with, a vInspired award (unless the award validator has received your personal information separately and not from us).
- Other organisations who offer rewards, discounts and opportunities through the Inspired Card and as part of the Inspired Programme. We only share information that we need to help you redeem or apply for these. We will ask for your consent if these companies or organisations want to contact you about other products or services.
- Members of the public are able to view some of your Profile and Content (unless you have chosen a private Profile – see 4.7 below). However, members of the public won’t be able to see your name or email address, even if you have a public profile. They will be able to see your screen name and other Content.
4.7 If you don’t want the information you share with us – including personal information, Content or information about the Roles you have taken part in – to be displayed on the Website or any other website owned or operated by vInspired, make sure you choose a private Profile.
If you want us to remove your Profile or Content from the Website, get in touch by email at email@example.com. Even if you have selected a private Profile, your personal information will be shared with third parties, but it won’t be shown on the website.
5.1 We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us.
5.2 We may sometimes email you about the Website and its content. This won’t be encrypted, to make it easier to use and read. But remember, email isn’t a fully secure way of communicating. We try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, but we can’t guarantee this.
5.3 We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but we can’t accept liability for third parties if they misuse of your personal information. You proceed at your own risk.
6.1 A cookie is a small text file sent from a website and stored on your computer by your web browser. There are several types of cookies.
6.2 The type of cookies we use are session cookies which will expire at the end of you’re your browsing session when the web browser is closed.
6.4 Internet browsers normally accept cookies automatically. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data in the way we have explained here.
We need your consent to process certain types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. If we ask you for sensitive personal data, we’ll always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You can withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
vInspired won’t pass your personal data on to third parties without getting your permission first.
9. Data Subject Rights
At any point while we are in possession of, or processing, your personal data, you have the following rights as the ‘data subject’. These include:
- Right of access – you can request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – if the data we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you can correct it.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be deleted from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing of data.
- Right of portability – you can have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you can object to certain types of processing, like direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – if an organisation refuses your request under rights of access, we will tell you why. You have the right to complain, as outlined in clause 11 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on if there’s a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
If you want to complain about how your personal data is being processed by vInspired or how your complaint has been handled, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority and vInspired at email@example.com.
11. Other Information
11.1 If you would to correct or update any information we have about you, then get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.