What is vInspired Schools?
The vInspired Schools programme is a flexible scheme designed to encourage young people into volunteering through social action in their communities.
Inspiring your students to go the extra mile can be a challenge. We have the tools to help you make it happen.
It's flexible and simple to run, it works with the wider curriculum, and you will be supported every step of the way by our dedicated schools team.
Your students get loads of great benefits too. Volunteering will earn them rewards and incentives for motivation, improve their confidence and develop their life skills, which will help with future employment prospects. They can even apply for £500 through our Cashpoint programme to run their own social action project.
How do we do it?
Once you sign up, your school will get a range of free resources to help run the programme, including:
- Ready-to-go marketing tools and templates
- Advice on adapting volunteering opportunities to suit your school
- Safeguarding guidance and best practice tips
- Launch materials to inspire sign-up
- Creative ideas to help retain commitment from students and colleagues
- Information on how the programme supports wider school frameworks
- Online tracking tools which monitor progress
- A ‘ready-made’ reward programme for the hours young people volunteer
The scheme supports the wider curriculum in a number of ways by:
- Delivering positive results that support Ofsted SEF and demonstrate SMSC
- Improving applied and organisational skills in support of EBacc subjects
- Supporting CAS element of the International Baccalaureate
- Providing project ideas linking to Citizenship and PSHE
- Offering opportunities to develop strong community links