Sports and Challenge Events
There are hundreds of events out there, so you will always be able to find something that will fit your requirements.
Make sure you choose an event that is right for you. If you’re a running novice, then perhaps start with a 5k or 10k. Whilst taking on a marathon may make you sound like a superhero, you will need to put in a lot of time and determination into training.
Here are some suggestions to get you started...
- For a short but fun run, why not try The Color Run or Run or Dye ? Both are fun 5k runs with the added element of getting covered in colourful dye!
- If you’re after a 10k race, then check out the Morrisons Great Run Series , who have a selection of runs across the country.
- For a run with a twist, Sure Run to the Beat is a 10k run around Wembley Park with a series of music stages along the route, and an epic after party.
- For events with a range of distances from 5k to a full marathon, check out Bournemouth Marathon Festival or Brighton Marathon Weekend .
- Fancy getting stuck in and taking on an ultimate challenge? Gather together a team and take on Rocksolid or Tough Mudder, both designed to test you with a series of obstacle. Be prepared for a lot of mud!
Cycling or Swimming Events
If cycling or swimming is more your thing, then there will be something for you too. Take a look at the Great Cycle for a range of distances, or The Great Swim for a selection of open water swims across the UK.
This is just a very small selection of events. If none of them are quite what you’re looking for, then there’s many more just a quick internet search away. If you still don’t find quite what you’re looking for, then you can always create your own challenge.
Things to Remember
- Every event will have a registration fee, so make sure you’re aware of this before you sign up. Make sure you find an event that falls within your budget.
- Make sure you allow yourself enough time between signing up and the event to train and fundraise properly.
- We advise that you try and find an event close to where you live. If you do want to sign up for one a distance away, please remember that you’ll have to factor in travel and potential accommodation costs.
When you have decided and signed up to your event, fill in the register event form let us know what you’re doing. We’ll also be able to send you a vInspired t-shirt to wear on the big day.
Then, set up your Virgin Money Giving page, and start training! Make sure you enjoy yourself on the big day. We love to know how our fundraisers have got on, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org with pictures and an update.