Minecraft Moderator for Funtime Games
Closing for application: 11 Feb 2024
Are you a gamer? Love Minecraft? Then this opportunity is for you! We are looking for volunteer moderators to help out on our Funtime Games Minecraft Server. Working with young people (aged 6-16) we help them make friends, develop skills, be creative & follow their passion. Volunteering for us is a great way to develop & share your communication skills, creativity, work with young people!
- Practical Minecraft skills - helping clear large pieces of land to build on, making TP points, copy and move builds, helping set up and run events.
- Engage with young people on the server, sort out minor conflicts between players and remind players of the rules of our server and why we have them.
- Monitor and respond to support requests from our young players.
- Facilitate online gaming events with young people on the server.
- Optional - organise, create and manage events.
- A love of Minecraft, knowledge and be able to play.
- Be calm, kind and patient and have respect for individuals and their differences
- Good communication skills both listening and verbal or written.
- Must like or want to work with children/young people.
- An understanding (or willing to learn) about neurodivergence.
What is next?
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an informal chat with CEO/Wakefield Director via Zoom/ MS Teams You will be invited to our private Facebook group and given access to the server so you can come on look around and get a feel for what we are doing. We would expect you to attend some events and games so you can learn how we run.