Have you done anything in the past to help other people or the environment, other than donating money or goods?
Thinking about this, when was the last time you took part in any volunteering:
Some examples of volunteering activities might include:
- Fundraising or a sponsored event – but not donating money or goods
- Helping improve your local area
- Campaigning for something you believe in – this does not include campaigning for political parties
- Tutoring, coaching or mentoring anyone
- Supporting other people who aren’t friends or relatives
- Giving time to help a charity or cause.
This can include things you’ve done online or in person. It might be things you’ve done with: school, college or university; your apprenticeship or job (days supported by your employer); your local community; your place of worship; a club or group; a structured programme; a service year or gap year; friends, family or by yourself.