Festival Volunteering: Bearded Theory
Closing for application: 15 May 2024
About: Bearded Theory’s Spring Gathering, also known as Bearded Theory, is an independent music festival which has no sponsorship or branding that takes place every May on the South Derbyshire, West Midland and Staffordshire border in the National Forest in Britain.
18 - 100
Location: Catton Hall, Walton-on-Trent, Derbyshire, England, UK
Volunteer Arrival Date: Weds 22nd May
Volunteer Departure Date: Mon 27th May
Shifts: No more than 3 x 8 hour shifts – one of these shifts could potentially be on Monday, meaning departure may not be until 5pm. Please take this into account when applying & making travel arrangements.
Bearded Theory prides itself on delivering a multi-award-winning experience in the heart of the country.
Lineup: Jane’s Addiction, Amyl and the Sniffers, Future Island, Sleaford Mods, Orbital & more!
Roles and Responsibilities:
Gates Teams: Our Gates Teams are the first point of contact for all festival-goers on arrival – it’s up to us to give them a warm welcome and set a positive tone for their day!
This role includes:
- Welcome Team: Stewards will work at the entry points and routes to an event site, ensuring festival-goers know where and how to enter the event safely and quickly.
- Ticket Scanning: Stewards will be responsible for scanning festival-goers’ tickets when they enter the festival, as well as redirecting issues and queries to the relevant location/people.
- Wristbanding: At festivals where wristbands are provided, these stewards will work with the ticket scanners to wristband festival-goers.
- Queue Stewarding: Stewards will be responsible for helping to manage queues at points of entry to the festival. This includes directing people to the correct queues for their ticket type, directing the crowd to the designated queuing area and ensuring general welfare is available at the perimeter of the site.
Festival Stewarding: Our Festival Stewarding Team are the eyes and ears of the festival, responsible for maintaining the best experience for festival-goers, with a major focus on friendliness and helpfulness.
This role includes:
- Campsite Stewarding: Stewards will be positioned in the campsites to help maintain a pleasant experience, and ensure festival-goers are able to seek assistance and report any issues in these areas.
These role profiles are designed to give you a good idea of what it will be like volunteering with us on site, however due to the ever changing nature of festivals and events, our team is expected to be flexible and therefore roles are subject to change or adaptation to meet the needs at any time.
Festival stewarding is great fun, but it’s also physically demanding. The majority of our volunteer roles will require you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift.
What is next?
Register your interest and we will let you know the next steps!