Volunteer Massage Therapists and Reflexologists
Closing for application: 10 Sep 2024
St Joseph’s Hospice Hackney are recruiting skilled, dedicated enthusiastic complementary therapy practitioners to join the hospice team. We currently require massage therapists and reflexologists.
Skills and qualities we are looking for
- Professional qualification in your chosen discipline – preferably Level 4 or above. Newly qualified therapists are welcome
- Good listening and communication skills and an understanding of patient centred care
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people
- Good reflective practice
- Membership of a professional body and professional insurance
- An interest in palliative care
- Valuable clinical experience with patients and families with complex medical and social needs
- Working in one of the largest, most diverse and innovative Hospice’s in the UK, which is leading the way in models of palliative and end of life care.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a health care setting
- Supportive working environment with supervision and monthly case study meetings
- Learn new skills and develop existing skills with CPD training opportunities
- Travel expenses paid (zones 1-6) and a meal provided (with 3 hours volunteering)
- Networking with other therapists and sharing skills in compassionate care
- References provided after 6 months of active volunteering
- An opportunity to rent out treatment rooms at highly competitive rates
What is next?
Please use the following link to complete our online application form: http://bttr.im/v0lab Once we have your application we will invite you an Information Session, then an informal interview